On the heels of my last blog:
I've spent the past 40 hours nursing myself. I've been indulging my turtle nature and moving slowly.
|my spirit animal|
I've also been stuffing my face. Not eating enough may've caused my fatigue. (Stop with the Karen Carpenter thoughts. I'd be giving you a look.) Because I mostly follow a plant-based diet, sometimes I don't realize I should eat additional portions of food to keep me going. On rare occasions when I go to the Indian restaurant two blocks away from my house and I indulge in chicken tikka masala, I won't need to eat for hours after - I wake up the next day still not hungry. Meat is really filling! More filling than sautéed cucumbers over brown rice, which is what I'd been living on for a week.
I am a big drinker. (Again, not how it sounds. Shaking my head.) Eight times out of ten, I have a beverage nearby that's ready to somersault down my throat. Mug of tea. Glass of water. Tumbler of iced coffee. BUT today, I sipped on apple and beet juice. First time I had it, and I am sold! When I go anywhere, if beet juice is offered, I am going to order it! So tasty and hopefully rejuvenating.
Tricky decision: I have to buy more food tomorrow. Must. In order to continue building my energy.
However, that means I'm going to be short on my rent. Not by too much... Because I feel really guilty over this, instead of sharing dollar figures, I'll just say that I'll be paying 78% of what I owe my landlord. I will ask him if I can hand over the remaining 22% in two Wednesdays, on my next payday.